Streak Snapped

Streak Snapped

Going in to their final weekend of play, the Eagle men knew they would have to play solid defense in order to have a chance at defeating Ozark Christian College. The host was coming off a 110 point outing the night before, and the Eagles were unable to do much of anything defensively, as they allowed Ozark to shoot 52%, including 50% from behind the arc, while scoring 96 points to defeat the Eagles 96-81. The loss is the first non-exhibition loss for the Eagles during the second semester, and drops the Eagls to 6-1 in the Midwest Christian College Conference.

The Eagles struggled all night to find any emotion, while Ozark, looking for a senior night win, played with poise and effort from beginning to end. Ozark jumped out to a 6-2 lead before the Eagles responded with 8 unanaswered to lead 10-6. The game went back and forth for the next few minutes, with Ozark tying things up at 16 apiece with nine to play in the half. Unfortunately for the Eagles, after a good defensive start in limiting Ozark to 16 points over the first 11 minutes, the Eagles defensive effort, especially in finishing off plays with rebounds, would begin to break down. Ozark would close the half with a 27-14 run to take a 13 point lead into the half. Faith shot an abysmal 30% overall, and 20% from behind the arc in the first half, while Ozark shot it at a 50% clip, inlcuding 4/11 from behind the arc.

Ozark maintained that lead for the first seven minutes of the second half, leading 41-55. Faith would have one more run in them, though, pulling within 5 at 52-57. Ozark would remain poised, making their own run to push the lead back to 12 with 7 minutes to play. Faith would never get any closer than six over the final seven minutes of play, and a combination of missed shots by Faith and made free throws by Ozark led to the final 15 point margin.

Faith shot much better during the second half, going 50% from the floor and 45% from behind the arc. However, Ozark shot it better, going 55% from the floor and 60% from behind the arc to hold the Eagles at bay. Faith gave up 73 of Ozark's 96 points to 4 players, as the host finished with 4 men in double digits. 

Aaron Leistikow led the Eagles with 21 points and 10 rebounds. Josh Bray added 17 points and 6 assists and Ryan Kupferschmid netted 14 points. Jon Rocha finished with 2 steals. Faith has a quick turn around, traveling to Belton, MO, to take on Calvary Bible on Saturday at 4 PM.

Streak Snapped
February 13, 2015 Streak Snapped
Eagle Men Crack Top 10
February 12, 2015 Eagle Men Crack Top 10
Streak Moves to Seven
January 24, 2015 Streak Moves to Seven
Faith Doubles Up St. Louis
January 23, 2015 Faith Doubles Up St. Louis
Men Run Out to Victory
January 20, 2015 Men Run Out to Victory
Eagles Score Comeback Win
January 18, 2015 Eagles Score Comeback Win
Men Victorious in Home Opener
November 15, 2014 Men Victorious in Home Opener